Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mummies in a Blanket

I haven't really been in the kitchen much except to hog down pizza or cereal. Nutritious aren't we? So I thought I better get back into the swing of things!

My son and I made these mummies in a blanket the other day and both kids thought they were fun. Collin was just disappointed I wouldn't let him put chocolate chips for the eyes. Hot dogs and chocolate? The very thought makes me queasy!

Mummies in a Blanket

Ingredients:

1 can crescent rolls 8 ct.

8 hot dogs

raisins

Directions:

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Taking one triangle, cut it into strips lengthwise. Wrap strips around hot dog leaving a space for eyes. Repeat with remaining dough and hot dogs. Bake for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cut raisins in half for eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot dogs and chocolate is not as strange as you think. See if your fussy eaters like my Reeses Peanut Butter Dog.